Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Why I'm Old

My blog has been too focused on Pakistan. The focus needs to be redirected towards ME!
Anyone who has known me for a while most likely knows that one of my peeves is being called "too young to ____" (fill in the blank). Fascinatingly, people here tend to remind me of my age more often than anyone did at college. I would appreciate this if I had an awful memory and didn't know when my birthday was (which actually isn't so funny since my parents were somewhat confused about what year I was born in for a short period in my life). But really, if I've forgotten, I'm sure a friend or a good samaritan (facebook) will remind me when to blow out my candles. So, I have decided to respond to these polite reminders, exclamations of surprise, excuses for my "lack of craziness" with a list of why I'm old:

- I have white hairs. Not just one - many. I'd rather just believe this is a sign of wisdom.
- I have a horrible memory (except for when it comes to remembering my birthday). I lost my favorite scarf - twice - and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to recover it now.
- I can stay up past a bedtime. In fact, I dont even have a bedtime.
- I take afternoon naps. Oh, and also, I can fall asleep anywhere - ANYWHERE.
- I drink coffee - not the 99/100 milk and 1/100 spoon coffee kind, but the actual bitter strong disgusting kind.
- I wore a business suit two days in a row (although to be honest I couldn't retain the professional look and ended up eating Bugles on Wall Street because I get freakin hungry all the time).
- I am jaded.
- I am idealistic, but only when appropriate.
- My impromptu dance and singing shows have been reduced to only happening in my room.
- I make lists.

No comments: